July 27, 2010

Reflections on Philosophy


I will be posting a series of interviews I am conducting rather informally with some graduate students of philosophy. I'm mostly interested in having a kind of reflective discussion about philosophy as a practice and how we see our jobs, motivations, goals, communities and so on.

A lot is taken for granted in this regard, and I think it will be useful to make explicit and discuss what we do in this field. I'm not sure exactly what we will get out of this, but I hope it is a way-in to further discussions about philosophy in general, and maybe even some discussions that are specifically philosophical in nature. 

I am conducting the interviews by e-mail and somewhat concurrently, so I will post them in the order that I complete them.

Addendum: I should add that if anyone else wants to be so interviewed, e-mail me and we can discuss it: major.philosophy[at]gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment